1967 Shelby GT500 ford mustang – Eleanor

I wish I had an Eleanor from Gone in 60 seconds. The average price of a Ford Shelby Mustang Eleanor is $1,000,000. Eleven Eleanor Mustangs were built with body kits inspired by the Shelby GT500, but only three used in filming have survived. There probably making more because there are a lot of people with them.

Here’s a photo of Eleanor.

Eleanor is a very special mustang here’s a video.

HISTORY OF THE “ELEANOR” GT500 MUSTANG

The first Eleanor GT500 mustang is this.

Eleanor originated in the 1974 film: “Gone in 60 Seconds” made by H.B Toby Haliki. Eleanor is the only Ford Mustang to receive a star title credits in a movie. The original Eleanor was 1971 fastback cars restyled in 1973 for the film. This was painted a pale yellow and the film gained cult status in the 70’s.

For over 20 years people have been involved in the buying, restoration, rebuilding and upgrading of 60’s Mustangs. Ever since the movie “Gone in 60 Seconds” the people have been very active in the Pepper grey GT500 “Eleanor “so named after the remake in 2000 starring Nicholas Cage.

The first company licensed by Shelby was called “Unique Performance “in Dallas. 

Eleanor engine

The Eleanor Ford mustang has A Fast And Furious Engine.

That particular fastback was powered by a 5.8 -liter v8 engine that generated 400 horsepower. By contrast, the original 1967 Shelby GT500 had a standard 428 cubic-inch V8 powerplant that generated a maximum of 355 horsepower and 420 ft-lb of torque.

Thanks for reading my post.

6 thoughts on “1967 Shelby GT500 ford mustang – Eleanor

1. The 3rd pictures looks like a picture from GTA 5. I like older cars. What older car do you like. I like the 60s Volkswagan.